There is always a differing of opinion as to whether we need to take supplements.
Let’s take a look at REASONS WE NEED TO SUPPLEMENT:
1. The foods available are nutrient deficient and toxic contaminated. Some want to believe we get all the nutrients we need from food. I think at one time in our history that was true. Not anymore. We no longer grow our own gardens or can buy food from natural sources unless we buy all organic.Chickens are raised in cages and the eggs are full of all of the contaminants of commercial foods. Cattle are not free ranging in most cases. Most pork, poultry, beef and dairy cattle are crowded in feed lots. Most of the meat consumed is full of antibiotics to keep infections down for faster weight gain. Our fruits and vegetables are raised with artificial fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. They are harvested green and shipped to consumers before they mature properly for the maximum nutrient benefit. To top this off, the soils are depleted of natural nutrients and minerals. If all that were not enough, we now have GMO foods that the body has no idea how to digest and utilize. If you grow or buy all organic meets, fruits and vegetables, you can help all of these problems but few of us can do that 100%.
2. Most people don’t eat the right foods, in the right quantities of the right quality.
Have you paid attention to what people put in their grocery carts? Junk food and pop can be at the top of the list. Do you and your family and patients get a minimum of five servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit each day? Are these fruits and vegetables grown organically? Are you getting adequate fiber and essential amino acids from the meats and vegetables you consume? Are you getting the correct amount and types of fatty acids etc.?
Even if you ate as perfect as possible and mostly organic foods, how do you know you do not have genetic SNPS that causes a higher demand of certain nutrients and cofactors?
3. Research continues to link dysfunction and conditions to nutrient deficiencies
The average life span is far greater than is used to be. Most research links this to sanitation practices and reduction of acute illnesses like the plague or small pox. Now we have more chronic illnesses like arthritis, GI problems like irritable bowel syndrome, thyroid conditions, fibromyalgia, hormonal imbalances, depression and anxiety etc.
Standard medical practices continue to have good success with most acute illness but they say they do not have answers for chronic illness except symptomatic relief. Research and clinical studies show good nutrition, with dietary and specific supplementation have the best track record for improving function. Improved function reduces symptomatic expression of chronic complaints by treating causes and not just symptom suppression.
4. Environmental and Internal Toxins create a higher demand for nutrients
We are bombarded with external toxic exposure from automobiles, manufacturing, chemical pesticides, fertilizers, GMO’s, cell phones, radiation, household cleaners, cosmetics, birth control pill, vaccinations, Bisphenol A etc… The more technology we introduce for convenience the more toxicity we promote.The greater exposure to toxins, the greater the need for antioxidants, essential amino acids, trace minerals, co-factors, essential fatty acids, methyl donors, activated B’s, adrenal support, etc. Dysfunction from nutrient depletion, genetic SNPS, GMO’s, incomplete methylation etc. increases internal toxic burdens that need nutrient support.
5. Dr. Thomas A. Edison once said: “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
Improving function can be best accomplished by implementing natural actions like nutrient supplementation, dietary intervention, exercise, detoxification and structural correction through chiropratic care. Suppressing symptoms has been the role of drug intervention in most cases. My role as a chiropractor is to find and treat the cause not just the symptom.
My mentor Dr. John Brimhall has long said that DC to means we are doctors of cause. At Align Columbus Chiropractic we evaluate dysfunction and help the body to balance and improve function through all possible natural means including nutritional supplementation and chiropractic adjustments.
This is why I recommend XYMOGEN/BioEnergX supplements. They have the most modern and advanced facility possible for production of Natural Nutraceutical Nutrients and Fit Foods.
Call us today at 812-799-1568 to schedule your Total Health Scan and we can help you find the nutrients you are missing and recommend the best product for your body chemistry.